Brewtown Newtown

So I realise I haven't written here for a while, I've started my research semester so I sort of got bogged down with uni. It's been quite full on because it's meant to be 35 hours a week but I'm loving it so far because this is what I've always wanted to do. I've kept the best part to the end :D

Anyway, just recently we've submitted our research proposal and after that we felt like we needed a treat so decided to hit a hipster cafe somewhere. We visited the famous Brewtown Newtown.
I’ve heard that often there’s a huge waiting period to get into this cafe (as it’s quite popular), but thankfully we didn’t have to wait long. 


We started off with drinks. The weather was quite warm so I got iced chocolate (which was just their hot chocolate from the menu but with ice). I found the drink to be pretty average but my friends really liked the drinks they ordered. One of them ordered freshly squeezed orange juice and found it to be quite different compared to the juice you’d drink at other places (you can see it in the background). 


I ordered a vegan burger- chickpea and quinoa pattie, tofu, spicy BBQ sauce, crunchy salad ($12)



I was quite reluctant to go vegan because I rarely ever have a main meal where I don’t eat fish or meat. However, this particular vegan burger took me by surprise. It was pretty amazing, the chickpea and quinoa pattie had a curry flavour to it, which played well with the tofu. I liked the way the tofu was served differently – had I not known this dish was vegan; I would have mistaken it for egg or cheese! I never would’ve thought of putting tofu and BBQ sauce together, but they actually go really well as a combo I realised. 

Lastly, the beautiful crunchy salad- I absolutely loved the different textures and colours, particularly the radishes. It was super yummy and filling :)

Final thoughts
Overall, we found it delicious.
Brewtown Newtown is famous for two things – coffee and cronuts. I can’t comment on the coffee part as I’m not much of a coffee drinker. Unfortunately we didn’t have space for dessert plus they were closing soon but I’ll definitely be back to try some of their famous cronuts! :)



Brewtown Newtown
6-8 O'Connell St, Newtown NSW 2042

Popular posts from this blog

International Congress of Behavioural Medicine | Melbourne

Black Star Pastry (Strawberry Watermelon Cake)

Last day of uni (Black Star Pastry + Grill'd)

Fast February

Parramatta Lanes

Oatmeal omelette

Marvellous May

Holiday cooking (Part 1)

Five things I love about being a dietitian