Trattoria La Vigna


Today was my first time at Camden which is in South West of Sydney (past Campbelltown), we saw some farms and country scenic views on our way.

The atmosphere of this restaurant was lovely. The restaurant has an overlooking vineyard. I knew it was going to be a special, memorable lunch already :)

I haven’t made pasta in the last few weeks, so I was pretty excited to try some authentic Italian food. We were welcomed by a friendly staff with a very strong Italian accent, almost made us feel like we were in Italy!

The garlic prawns we tried for entrée were delicious, and prawns were cooked well. It was nice to have some tomatoes in there (the only vegetable in our meal). The olive oil was great for dipping the bread.


Gamberi all ‘aglio- Garlic Prawns ($20)


However, I was slightly disappointed with the mains. The gnocchi I tried was swimming in a plate of creamy pesto. Don’t get me wrong; I love basil pesto. But there was just too much of it. It kind of makes reminded me of the old saying of ‘less is more’.



Gnocchi Gamberi e Pesto –Gnocchi prawns and pesto ($27)



Ravioli di mare  – Seafood ravioli ($29)

Similar case with crab ravioli, there was too much of the rich heavy sauce (as you can tell from the pictures). But other than that, it was delicious. There was good flavour balance in the pasta itself. I would’ve enjoyed it far more with a dash of sauce, rather than what they provided.

To end on a good note, we had their tiramisu for dessert. It was so very delicious. We weren’t able to finish it as the portion was large but left feeling very satisfied.

Tiramisu ($13)

Overall, I had a wonderful time coming out to the country and loved the Italian vibes of this place. The staff were pretty friendly and attentive. In terms of price, it is more on the expensive side, but great for special occasion celebrations like we did today.


Trattoria La Vigna
3 Argyle Street, Camden
NSW 2570
http://trattorialavigna.com/

Popular posts from this blog

International Congress of Behavioural Medicine | Melbourne

Black Star Pastry (Strawberry Watermelon Cake)

Marvellous May

Last day of uni (Black Star Pastry + Grill'd)

Fast February

Parramatta Lanes

Oatmeal omelette

Holiday cooking (Part 1)

Five things I love about being a dietitian