Deux Bar + Kitchen




We came here based on a friend’s recommendation who liked one of their desserts. I could feel the funky hipster vibes as we entered. We were not hungry as it was early in the afternoon; we decided to go with a light snack.

The menu we got handed out was very short. I remember I had seen a broader range online, but I realised later that their menu is time specific (ours was 4-6pm). We decided to try the battered chickpea eggplant and chicken crackling.

The chickpea battered eggplant was probably a better deal. It had a very strong eggplant flavour. It tasted pretty good, but nothing stood out in terms of flavour.  I really enjoyed the smoked chilli mayo though (helped me eat the food).

I was quite disappointed with the amount served for chicken crackling and felt it was overpriced. The raw kingfish tasted quite nice but very salty! I’m not big on raw seafood (except for salmon), but this was prepared well with smoked eggplant, caper and togarashi.

Overall, Deux café was a bit of letdown and did not live up to my expectations. I probably wouldn’t return here unless it were to try a different menu (lunch or dinner).


Chickpea battered eggplant $12


Chicken crackling $14


Deux Bar + Kitchen
98-104 Parramatta Road
Camperdown
NSW 2050

Popular posts from this blog

International Congress of Behavioural Medicine | Melbourne

Black Star Pastry (Strawberry Watermelon Cake)

Last day of uni (Black Star Pastry + Grill'd)

Fast February

Parramatta Lanes

Oatmeal omelette

Marvellous May

Holiday cooking (Part 1)

Five things I love about being a dietitian