Dynamic Duo December

It's that time of the year, December has always been a month that has me feeling nostalgic. Maybe because I'm away from a very special girl who means more than life to me. 

It's her birthday today so thought I'd go down memory lane and write a thing or two about her. 



We met at school in 2007 but we were aware of each other's existence before this :P I distinctly remember the first couple of months because she was so kind to me and she would always compliment. She became one of the sweetest girl I knew. 

We pretty much clicked from there on. Someone in our group even named us 'dynamic duo'. We got closest in year 11/12 because we had the same subject combination which meant we were together literally all day. I've heard people say, excessive company of someone leads to conflict and I've experienced this with other people I've known over the years, but we have never had any serious fights. We've held some small grudges where we tried staying mad for couple of hours, which never lasted more than a day; because you cannot stay mad at people you love. Besides, I had secrets to tell her ;)

Maybe the only time I remember being more than a 'little mad' was when she told me she was moving away interstate. She was few minutes away when she lived in Sydney so I hated the thought of her being so far away. 

At that point, I was worried we might lose what we have and I wondered if it would strain our relationship. But safe to say, nothing has changed at all (two years later!)

Yes, it's true that we don't get to see each other often but when we do, we have the best time together. The amount of time we spend together might be less than before but the quality of it has improved remarkably. There are no awkward moments and we can just pick up from where we've left off. 

Even though she's geographically far, I know she's only a phone call away. I know I can call her any time of the day or night and we can still talk like we would've if she lived in my block. I've done this and felt so much better once my burden was relieved. 

I've realised, the long distance will never be an issue because it only takes us second to reconnect. Our meetings have become more special than before and we have learnt to cherish all of it, until we meet again. 

In short, I'm so blessed to have her in my life. I really hate not being there for her birthday, I have missed just about all of her birthdays unfortunately :( 
So she recently asked me, "can you please be here for my 50th at least?"
Well, I hope to be here before that :P 








Popular posts from this blog

International Congress of Behavioural Medicine | Melbourne

Black Star Pastry (Strawberry Watermelon Cake)

Last day of uni (Black Star Pastry + Grill'd)

Fast February

Parramatta Lanes

Oatmeal omelette

Marvellous May

Holiday cooking (Part 1)

Five things I love about being a dietitian